By Dr. Alpesh Joshi
Monsoon carries the basket of delight to our life with water droplets after the raised mercury of the sun. It is a seasonal swing in weather conditions that brings moist air and generates high periods of rainfall for a particular phase. Stern thunderstorms mark the onset of the rainy season.
However, drizzling brings down lot of challenges of wellbeing, against which we have to safeguard ourselves. Stagnant pools of water breeds countless mosquitoes spreading malaria and dengue fever. It also causes food contamination and gastro intestinal disorders.
We ought to be cautious of the food we take and the activities we carry out. More than ever kids are extremely vulnerable during rainy season. Waterborne bacteria attack us and lessen our immunity level. Let us find out some tips that will keep us healthy during monsoon.
Tips to Enjoy the Drizzling of Monsoon
- Make use of potent insect repellent to keep mosquitoes away.
- Keep surroundings immaculate and ascertain that there is no stagnant water around.
- Add a few drops of kerosene oil to stagnant water. This will not allow mosquito breeding
- Turn upside down unused containers, coolers, vases, and so on.
- It is also advisable to take anti-malarial drug during monsoon after the consultation with medical practitioner.
- Avoid walking through rainy water to the probable level to be protected from fungal infections of feet and heels.
- Ensure of drying feet when get wet.
- Make use of umbrella, rain coat, long shoes etc when going out.
- Eat properly cooked food and strictly avoid street food as water and raw vegetables used are unhygienic.
- Have hot food and beverages with antibacterial properties in monsoon.
- Discourage the children playing in the rainfall and rainy water.
- Stay away from AC rooms with soaked hair/locks and wet clothes.
- If anyone has asthma or diabetes, keep away from wet walls. It can develop fungus and it can be upsetting.
- Wash your hands properly by soap after use of toilet/washroom, before cooking and having food.
- This is essential daily; however it is significant in the rainy season to be immunized.
search on faviourite eCommerce site